RedisConf 2021 has been concluded on Apr 4th with 60+ sessions focused on using Redis as technology to discover the power of real-time data. Redis being the opensource in-memory data store is not just limited to caching and increasing its usage as database & message broker as well.
This article summarizes key takeaways out of the keynote delivered by Ofer Bengal (Redis Labs Co-Founder and CEO), and Yiftach Shoolman (Co-Founder and CTO):
#1 – Building partnership with major cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Cloud providers monetized Redis without much contribution and now Redislabs partnered with all major cloud service providers.
- Redis is now offering services with all 3 cloud service providers:
#2 – Focus on Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- RedisAI serving data to AI-powered applications as storage (feature store) for executing Deep Learning/Machine Learning models and managing their data
- Supporting AI use-cases like visual search, reviews, etc.
- Redis emerging as online feature store for AI applications – also includes feature store, model store, and model inferencing:
#3 – Redis driving innovative products with
- Highlighted usage of Redis most popular modules to build innovative products:
- Redis supports programmability using Lua scripts, Functions, Gears, Modules. Redis Functions got announced at the conference and soon will be available for production-level usage.
#4 – Redis – a de facto standard for real-time systems
- Latency aware and super fast (sub-millisecond response time) real-time applications
- Freedom to build your app with any data model
- Real-time access to data for stateful applications with high availability, replication, auto-failover, scalable Redis module like RedisRaft – a New Strong-Consistency Deployment Option
#5 Deep-dive into Redis Deployment Options
Shared update on Redis supported deployment options (particularly using Redis Enterprise Cloud – managed cloud service):
- Option#1 – Read-replicas
- Option#2 – Other distributed database (DynamoDB, Cosmos) + Redis
- Option#3 – Active-Active Redis (announced that nested datatypes -RedisJSON & RedisSearch supports CRDB – conflict-free replicated database)
To conclude, Redis is not just a Caching platform – it is more than that as database, event store, in-memory data store, AI feature store, AI, and search solution enabling us to build real-time applications with ultra-low latency and high throughput.
All data and information provided on this site are for informational purposes only. This site makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. This is a personal weblog presented by the author and all images used are from Redis Labs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer or any other organization.